Upper Missouri G. & T. Electric Cooperative, Inc (doing business as Upper Missouri Power Cooperative) was organized in 1957 to secure power delivery to rural electric cooperatives in eastern Montana and western North Dakota. Today, Upper Missouri is a large and fast-growing G&T, providing service to 11 distribution cooperatives, 6 in eastern Montana and 5 in western North Dakota. The 11 Member Systems serve 77,714 meters to farms, ranches, homes, oil, gas, and other industries in 37 counties, representing over 54,762 square miles.
Upper Missouri sources power from two major suppliers, Western Area Power Administration and Basin Electric Power Cooperative. The majority of the power (97%) is sourced from Basin.
The headquarters facility for Upper Missouri is located in Sidney, Montana, which is the county seat of Richland County. It ranks first in oil production offers great recreational opportunities to relax in the “great outdoors” with many activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, golf, and boating.
Increasing importance for quality assurance and integrity created an opening for a motivated Meter Technician.
In this key role within our cooperative, you will be responsible for the integrity and accuracy of more than 200 delivery meters and associated metering instruments serving our member distribution cooperatives, including annual testing, calibrating, and programming following Upper Missouri’s stringent metering protocols. You will also aid in maintaining secure and reliable communications to Upper Missouri’s delivery meters. To do this job, you will follow safety procedures, travel to remote locations as required and coordinate with member systems for access and assistance.
This Meter Technician position will also assist in the review of measurement data for completeness, trends, discrepancies, and other power data anomalies, validate revenue quality interval data in order to ensure accuracy, and provide input on possible solutions to provide best available billing units with inadequate meter data per industry standards. You will also support the Upper Missouri membership through data analytics.
If you are driven by metering and data integrity, quality assurance, helping members, and advancing Upper Missouri’s mission, this could be a great fit for you
If you are looking for an opportunity with a cooperative where you will have a direct impact on the success of the membership, please email your cover letter, salary expectations, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
Job Related Qualifications
- Experienced Meter Technician or Associates degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Engineering or job-related field is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred. Closely related and progressive job experience may substitute for a portion of the educational requirements.
- Experience in working with databases and utility metering is preferred.
- Computer network and data communication skills are preferred.
- Requires ability to work safely around high and low voltage equipment.
- Communicate and interact with personnel at all levels of the organization in a professional and respectful manner.
- Ability to work occasional evening or overnight hours for distant metering work, conferences and/or training.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must pass a federal background check.
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- National Rural Electric Cooperatives Association (NRECA) Medical, prescription and dental insurance
- NRECA defined benefit pension plan
- NRECA 401(k)
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave