Upper Missouri G. & T. Electric Cooperative, Inc (doing business as Upper Missouri Power Cooperative) was organized in 1957 to secure power delivery to rural electric cooperatives in eastern Montana and western North Dakota. Today, Upper Missouri is a large and fast-growing G&T, providing service to 11 distribution cooperatives, 6 in eastern Montana and 5 in western North Dakota. The 11 Member Systems serve 77,714 meters to farms, ranches, homes, oil, gas, and other industries in 37 counties, representing over 54,762 square miles.
Upper Missouri sources power from two major suppliers, Western Area Power Administration and Basin Electric Power Cooperative. The majority of the power (97%) is sourced from Basin.
The headquarters facility for Upper Missouri is located in Sidney, Montana, which is the county seat of Richland County. It ranks first in oil production offers great recreational opportunities to relax in the “great outdoors” with many activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, golf, and boating.
Increasing importance for system administration and multiple software platforms created an opening for a motivated Information System Specialist.
In this key role within our cooperative, you will be responsible for the maintaining the integrity, security, administration, and design of the backbone systems behind Upper Missouri’s metering, communications, load monitoring, and MV90 meter data system.
One of Upper Missouri’s main priorities is the development and deployment of new OATI market demand response tools, peak prediction and future load management system, peak alerting and website portals/tools. These tools will help members save money on power costs as well as mitigating demand when usage and costs are high in our region. If this excites you, we want you on our team!
If you are looking for an opportunity with a cooperative where you will have a direct impact on the success of the membership, please email your cover letter, salary expectations, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Job Related Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, electrical engineering or other related field. Closely related and progressive job experience may substitute for a portion of the educational requirements.
- Five years previous IT experience, electric cooperative or utility preferred. NISC, OATI, MV90 experience preferred.
- High level of technical expertise in computer and network technology in OT and IT environments. Knowledge of communication protocols and methods.
- Be available to handle after-hours problems when they arise as required, such as system outages.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Must pass a federal background check.
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive wage and benefit package
- National Rural Electric Cooperatives Association (NRECA) Medical, prescription and dental insurance
- NRECA defined benefit pension plan
- NRECA 401(k)
- Life insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave