Ravalli Electric Co-op is seeking a full-time System Engineer to join our member focused team. This position is responsible for engineering and planning and will direct, guide, or assist in the engineering activities by applying technical knowledge, sound engineering judgment, and skill to ensure REC's system meets present and future requirement and is rendering safe, efficient, and reliable service.
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or a related engineering degree is required. A Montana licensed PE, working knowledge of NESC and NEC standards, and Rural Utilities Service training is preferred.
• Ability to work with all departments in the preparation of plans and studies relating to sectionalizing, over current protection, device coordination, over voltage protection, voltage improvement, power factor correction, load balancing, and system reliability.
• Computer skills strong knowledge of Excel, staking, CAD and modeling software. NISC experience preferred.
• Ability to maintain a project schedule with multiple deadlines and apply critical thinking to design challenges.
• Excellent written and verbal communication; creating and delivering presentations a plus.
Successful applicant must possess a valid Montana driver’s license, always present a professional appearance, and deliver exceptional customer service. Applicant must successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
We invite candidates to apply for this position at www.ravallielectric.com and submit a completed REC job application, resume, and a detailed letter of interest.
Journeyman Lineman or Apprentice Lineman
Close Date: September 25, 2019
Glacier Electric Cooperative is seeking a full-time journeyman lineman and/or an apprentice lineman for our Cut Bank service area. Glacier Electric is a member owned electric cooperative serving 7,800 meters in north western Montana. The diverse membership base is comprised of the Blackfeet Indian Reservation, several Canadian/U.S. Border crossings, most of Glacier National Park, several small towns, and significant rural agricultural load.
Required Skills/Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess a great attitude, personality and work ethic and be committed to safety and service to our members. Apprentice will work under the direct supervision of a Journeyman Lineman or Foreman. Duties include constructing, repairing, and maintaining lines, structures, and equipment involved in the distribution and transmission of electricity. Must meet all physical, educational, and regulatory qualifications of an apprenticeship program. Must have or be able to obtain in 6 months a minimum Class A, Type 2 Commercial Driver’s License.
Education/Experience: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED required. Completion of apprentice line school or equivalent experience preferred.
Lifting Capacity: Must be able to lift 75 pounds.
Compensation: based on experience.
This is a union position with an excellent benefits package. The successful candidate must pass an initial substance screening and, as an employee, will be subject to random drug/controlled substance screenings.
Interested parties are to direct inquiries to Operations Manager Mike Pyette and submit the following: (1) completed application for employment; (2) resume; and (3) three references. Applications for employment are available at our Browning and Cut Bank offices and on our website at www.GlacierElectric.com. Applications must be received by September 25, 2019 in our office or postmarked.