Montana Electric Cooperatives’ Association is seeking a full-time safety instructor with passion for safety and ability to travel. The candidate will administer safety and loss control meetings to electric cooperatives in Montana, as well as parts of Idaho and Wyoming. Responsible for the development and implementation of safety and training programs.
The candidate must be able to plan, write, organize and teach electric distribution subjects, regulatory compliance and office safety to electric cooperative personnel. Must be a good communicator and have excellent speaking skills to work with both small and large audiences. Willing to assist, supervise or train at lineman schools and seminars as needed. Conduct safety audits and accident investigation assistance at electric cooperatives. Must be able to provide safety and loss control guidance to system employees to maximize a safer work environment, compliance and education, promoting safety culture.
Salary commensurate with experience. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to Lea Potoczny at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 1306, Great Falls, MT 59403.
Electrical Distribution System Engineer
Tongue River Electric Cooperative (TRECO) is searching for a talented, self-motivated, goal-oriented, hands-on person to fill this technical position. This is an exciting opportunity for a results-oriented, analytical, problem-solver who will balance working independently on engineering projects and working with teams, providing work direction and advice to staking engineers/technicians and line workers. This position reports to the Cooperative General Manager.
The major responsibilities include: designing and modeling system plant design for continuous improvement and compliance; coordinating the engineering functions with the staking technicians team and line worker team and others; providing input and coordination to the contractors of TRECO on methods and system design for construction, maintenance and operation; plus developing member support and understanding of the engineering upgrades as they pertain to the membership.
If you are Interested in this great opportunity, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to the below address. Must be received by December 31, 2017
Tongue River Electric Cooperative
Attn: Tary Hanson
PO Box 138
Ashland, MT 59003
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is required. Certification of EIT is preferred with an interest and ability to achieve a PE level.
EXPERIENCE: Two to five years of experience is preferred. Experience with a rural electric distribution system is preferred.
- Must be capable of directing the work of the staking engineers/linemen
- Must provide engineering advice on methods of electrical system design, construction, maintenance, and operations to various levels of employees or members.
- Must develop plans and schedules for electric distribution system improvement requirements.
- Must direct corrections to voltage, power factor, and load factor problems.
- Must perform regular reviews and analyses to determine methods for improving safety, productivity, and continuity of electrical service.
- Must prepare contracts for line construction, maintenance, and system improvements, and assist in supervising those contractors.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with management, employees, members, and others.
- Must be available to assist in dispatch during emergencies.
- Must be able to work effectively on a daily basis with diverse teams and members with the ability to communicate patiently, respectfully and effectively to all levels of people.